NEWS & BLOG
Happy 50th Anniversary MNS: See Videos & Resources!
Free Booklet: How Agent Provocateurs Harm Our Movements
- Urgent: Polarization and “How We Win”, George Lakey’s 30-min. video, plus the trailer to his new bio-pic at georgelakeyfilm.com
- January 2022: “How Agent Provocateurs Harm Our Movements”
by Steve Chase, Assistant Director, Solidarity 2020 and Beyond. Download it free or order the paperback or e-book copies.
(From ICNC Press 45-page book.) Also see George Lakey’s column in WagingNonviolence.org praising it
- International Center for Nonviolent Conflict releases Civil Resistance Tactics in the 21st Century, by Michael Beer, veteran activist, organizer, and executive director of Nonviolence International [Download it free.] In their 108-page “monograph,” Beer and colleagues painstakingly identified 360 tactics or “methods” of nonviolent action, expanding on the 198 sociologist Dr. Gene Sharp described in his three-volume 1973 “The Politics of Nonviolent Action.” Beer’s publication adds scores more tactics and proposes helpful new categories, and is available as a 1-MB free download. See the March 31 webinar below.
- ICNC presents The Role of External Support in Nonviolent Campaigns: Poisoned Chalice or Holy Grail? by Drs. Erica Chenoweth and Maria J. Stephan, authors of the groundbreaking civil resistance classic, Why Civil Resistance Works. Published by ICNC Press, this new report in its monograph series employs original, qualitative, and quantitative data to examine the ways that external assistance impacted the characteristics and success rates of post-2000 revolutionary nonviolent uprisings. Download the full monograph for free here. Watch the March 3 webinar with the renowned authors at bottom [or here.]
- Training For Change offers spring and summer public online webinar/workshops weekly (about four per month), all rooted in their Direct Education approach. Their trainers center the group, building upon dynamics in the room and participants’ own experience to introduce new content and help the group access their own wisdom. Topics include their free “Online Facilitation 101.” Many are “training of trainers”; they’re designed for folks facilitating and training across contexts and with varying levels of experience. Some are offered regularly throughout the year, but many are offered less frequently, and fill up quickly, so check them out now, share with colleagues, and reserve well in advance.
- Email news, notices and links for Movement for a New Society: Training, vision, strategy more
to: MNS (AT) MovementforaNewSociety.org
Find more about Movement for a New Society: Training, Vision, Strategy more at ActivistTraining.org & ActivistTools.org
and the 2021 MNS 50th Anniversary Reunion page
See George Lakey’s timely video Polarization & “How We Win”
(30-min.) and trailer for his new bio doc at GeorgeLakeyFilm.com.
Also Bill Moyer’s final training video and MNSers play “Rainstorm,”
a 2-minute “light-and-lively” (ice-breaker game) in 2009.
© 2022 Movement for a New Society | CONTACT: MNS (AT) MovementforaNewSociety.org